Harper Cemetery is listed as a contributing site in The Harpers Ferry Historic District, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
The cemetery has been the final resting place for founders and prominent citizens of the town and the area, as well as for others who love Harpers Ferry, since 1782.
Harper Cemetery provides perpetual care and is managed by a self-perpetuating Board of Trustees originally appointed in the late 1800’s.
The cemetery is open to the public seven days per week from dawn until dusk.
Visitors are requested to respect the dignity of this place and those interred here. Grave stone “rubbings;” leaning, standing, or sitting on gravestones and stone walls surrounding graves and/or the cemetery are not permitted.